A battle for being the best fat reduction treatment has ignited – Kybella VS CoolSculpting. Among these two (2) popular treatments for fat reduction, one will emerge victorious as each aspires to become the best. Today, we’ll discuss each, compare and contrast, and finally determine and distinguish which of these two will emerge victoriously.
First, what is a Kybella treatment?
In the battle for best fat reduction treatment supremacy, Kybella VS CoolSculpting, we start with Kybella.
- It is a non-surgical technique of injection used for excess fat reduction beneath the chin.
- It takes around 15 to 20 minutes for each treatment to finish.
- It uses deoxycholic acid in its synthetic form.
- It was approved by the U.S. FDA, or Food and Drug Administration, in 2015.
- It is a well-tolerated and popular alternative for surgical procedures like liposuction.
- A Kybella treatment costs roughly around $1200 to $1800.
- Clinical trials indicated that 82.4% of those who have tried it reported significant improvement and great satisfaction with their appearances. The same problem concluded Kybella to be a safe and effective treatment.
Kybella is the only known FDA-cleared injectable treatment that helps destroy fat cells in the targeted area, usually under the submental fat’s chin. It also targets the jowls, bra bulge, or belly pooch to improve fullness.
The Kybella treatment has an active ingredient called synthetic deoxycholic acid. Deoxycholic acids are naturally occurring molecules inside the body that help break down and absorb dietary fat.
When Kybella gets injected into the area of concern, it destroys the cell membranes that store fat. Once the cell membranes get killed, they can no longer contain fat. When the body’s natural healing and elimination process takes over, that is, within the span of four (4) to eight (8) weeks, noticeable deposits of fat reduction or elimination can be seen. Consult your provider today if you think you are a good candidate for Kybella injections.
Next, what is a CoolSculpting treatment?
Last but not least, in the Kybella VS CoolSculpting bout, we now go to CoolSculpting.
- It is a patented and popular non-surgical cooling technique used for fat reduction based on the science of cryolipolysis that uses cold temperatures in freezing then destroying fat cells.
- This procedure was created to specifically address areas of stubborn fat that are not responsive to both diet and exercise.
- It targets fat cells located on the inner and outer thigh, the abdomen, sides, upper arms, and chin.
- It was declared safe by the FDA in 2012.
- This procedure is a non-invasive one that doesn’t require anesthesia.
- To date, almost 4,000,000 procedures have already been done around the world.
- This fat reduction procedure lasts around one (1) to three (3) hours.
- Expect minimal recovery time, with your normal day-to-day activities resuming almost right after your scheduled procedure.
- CoolSculpting ranges from $2,000 to $4,000. In addition, the cost depends on the treatment area and the size being treated.
- Results averaged between 20-80% fat reduction after only one (1) cryolipolysis procedure in the targeted areas.
- Around 82% of those who underwent the procedure would suggest it to a friend.
CoolSculpting is a slightly different approach to fat reduction compared to Kybella. It is based on the cryolipolysis procedure of freezing fat cells first before eventually destroying them. This procedure may present temporary side effects that usually go away after a few days following your treatment. Its after-effects may include swelling, bruising, and sensitivity.
This procedure may not be the best option for you if you have had Raynaud’s disease before or have severe sensitivity to cold temperate.
CoolSculpting is available through any plastic surgeon, physician, or healthcare provider trained rigorously in CoolSculpting. Better do some research first before employing services for this fat reduction procedure.
Kybella VS CoolSculpting: Similarities and Differences
In determining the best fat reduction treatment – Kybella VS CoolSculpting, let us now look at some of their similarities and differences in terms of overall performance.
- Both Kybella and Coolsculpting can drastically improve, especially in the chin area. The two procedures eliminate excess fat, leaving behind a smoother and more defined jawline.
- Both treatments also stem from a non-surgical approach and do not require anesthesia or downtime.
- Side effects of both are minor, sharing the inclusions of swelling, some possible bruising, redness, and lumpiness. These after-effects get resolved on their own, some within a couple of days to a few weeks after the initial treatment.
- Although noticeable improvements are already possible after only the initial treatment of both Kybella and CoolSculpting, the majority of patients still required additional sessions of treatments to achieve the best, final desired result.
- However, these results are not immediate. Both procedures will take up at least a month to see initial results and three (3) months to see final ones.
- Neither of the two (2) treatments claim the capability in treating any loose skin, only the fat.
- Kybella operates through a series of injections. But the benefit of Kybella’s injectable nature is that it treats and focuses on smaller, more isolated body areas. This principle gives Kybella a slight advantage over CoolSculpting when treating individuals with lesser quantities of under-chin fat.
- On the other hand, CoolSculpting targets an area through the use of an applicator, perfect for patients with more extensive, desired areas of change. It treats a broader scope that the applicator engages with, making it ahead, for this instance, of Kybella that instead targets smaller areas.
Final Verdict – Kybella VS CoolSculpting
The battle for the title of best fat reduction treatment comes to a conclusion resulting in a draw. Both Kybella and CoolSculpting have pros and cons that work and won’t work in specific situations. The best thing to take advantage of these strengths is to conquer the weakness and gear towards your desired fat-free body and face.
Want to know more about Kybella or CoolSculpting? Visit our awesome friends from Forma Medical Aesthetics to start your beautification journey now! https://formamedical.org/
Visit our Instagram Page