PDO thread lift has become one of the popular procedures amongst aesthetics aficionados. This very versatile and non-surgical procedure has become famous among the famous and has also made its way to those able to avail of it. Everyone who is anyone and wants to be someone, men and women alike, has now sunk their teeth into this facelift trend to attain that desired V-shaped face.
With its fast-paced and widespread fame, it pays to know the basics of this work of wonder. Knowing the procedure, benefits, and precautions can make or break your decision towards aesthetic improvement. Let us learn more about PDO thread lifts and how they can help you achieve the most beautiful you – without surgery!
What is a PDO Thread Lift?
PDO thread lift procedure tightens and lifts your skin using dissolvable sutures, specifically biodegradable polyester. Polydioxanone thread lift is less invasive than facelift surgery and does not require you to experience a sharp scalpel. This procedure rejuvenates your skin and can also lift sagging skin, especially those newer versions of thread lifts.
Since its conception during the 1980s, PDO thread lifts have been around the longest among their other counterparts. It is made from colorless polyester that breaks down in your body after six (6) months. We can categorize these threads further into three:
- PDO mono threads – use smooth sutures in helping rejuvenate your skin through collagen production stimulation
- PDO cog threads – use barbs that hook onto your skin then lifts and provides support to parts of your face
- PDO screw threads – use 1-2 intertwined threads in helping restore volume to your sunken skin parts
Other thread types are best used for specific functions. The newer types, PLA (polylactic acid) and PCA (polycaprolactone acid) threads are better used for lifting skin parts that are sagging. On the other hand, PDO threads work their magic best in tissue reposition and revitalization.
Generally, PDO thread lift follows a standard technique across the board regarding the steps to be followed. Slight differences may be seen per process, especially on the target area of treatment as well as the preference of the practitioner. Here are the basic steps are done during a PDO thread lift:
- First, you will be conveniently positioned as you are prepped and conditioned.
- Next, the threads will be inserted under your skin using a thin needle or cannula and can take up to 30 to 45 minutes long.
- Then, after the insertion of threads, the method used will be removed and allow the effects of the procedure, like light pressure to be felt and tighten your skin.
- Finally, once the needles have been taken out, the procedure is done, and you are now free to head home.
More often than not, those who choose to have PDO thread lifts do it for their facial areas that look less tight or “sags” over time, like their jawline, brow line, area under the eye, their forehead, and their cheeks. This procedure also lifts and tightens breasts, especially those who just gave birth and those who lost weight.
PDO thread lifts will not be as popular as it is now without the benefits you will get from it. It has given excellent results throughout the years and may differ per patient in terms of long-term effects. But in terms of the general aftermath, here are some of the most common ones:
- Addresses the significant needs of patients
PDO thread lift provides different results to different concerns but can generally accommodate any patient need. This procedure has delivered impressive results to those who took advantage of it as it involves the skin.
- Safe and gradual absorption for the body
PDO threads fully dissolve in your body around 6 to 12 months and have been proven safe and do not result in allergic reactions since these threads get metabolized in water and carbon dioxide that is naturally absorbed by the skin.
- Keeps skin plump and youthful
Studies have shown PDO thread lifts stimulate new collagen production that improves the skin’s elasticity, enhancing visible folds and wrinkles. It also helps rejuvenate the skin quality since it also stimulates elastin and hyaluronic acid synthesis.
- Lifted effects are seen immediately
Right after the procedure, patients notice immediate lifting and skin tightening in their faces. However, the overall result will be seen once new collagen stimulation starts 2-3 months after the procedure.
- Can be done with other anti-aging treatments
Since PDO thread lifts are safe and have not been seen to produce side effects and allergic reactions, this procedure can be paired and done along with other treatments and without the fear of interacting negatively with your initial treatment.
As safe and effective as PDO thread lifts have proven themselves to be, there are still helpful precautions to heed before undergoing this procedure. Knowing and doing these steps will keep you safe from any unnecessary after-effects and better the results you will get after. In general, here are some helpful precautions to take note of before undergoing PDO thread lifts:
- At least a week before your procedure, avoid smoking and drinking alcohol of all kinds so your skin will not dehydrate and eventually ruin the process. Doing this will help speed up your recovery process and provide you the best results possible.
- At least two days before your treatment, do not consume omega fish oils, chili ginseng, garlic, krill, vitamin E, and other related supplements, as well as teas like green and ginger.
- Avoid aspirin-based products such as Ibuprofen, Naproxen or Naprogesic, and Neurofen because these can cause bleeding and other unwanted reactions and complications.
- It would help if you also avoided high-intensity exercises and activities like going to saunas or steam rooms.
Again, these are just some of the standard precautions to be avoided before your treatment. It is still best to consult your practitioner on the dos and don’ts before undergoing PDO thread lifts. These steps will significantly affect the benefits you will get from this unique procedure.
With all the tips and bits of information provided to you in this article, you are now equipped as you venture with PDO thread lifts. These are all beneficial knowledge you will need to be guided towards the best results you can have. With the PDO thread lift innovation, it will be helpful to know the basics to achieve your dream skin, renewed and rejuvenated.
Want to try PDO thread lifts but still have additional questions and concerns not provided here today? Don’t worry! Our amazing friends from FMA – Forma Medical Aesthetics will help you today!