With age, some significant hormones in the body decline for both men and women. As hormonal imbalance becomes self-evident, eating organic and green living may not be the only option to replace those hormones. Can bio-identical hormone replacement therapy resupply the hormones being stolen by time? By all means, organic foods have risen in popularity dramatically for several years already. More people now prefer organic food due to its health benefits and safer eating. Others believe that green living is better for the environment and improves animals’ well-being in the human food chain.
What are the benefits of Organic Eating?
The choice of green living and eating organic foods is today’s growing trend following its benefits.
- Antioxidants are at a higher level. Natural food such as those organically made, when produced, contain a higher level of antioxidants. An antioxidant such as vitamin E, vitamin C, or beta carotene protects cells from the sometimes damaging effects of oxidation since they have a substance that inhibits oxidation.
- Better overall nutrition. Organic food has nutrition jam-packed in it. It offers numerous health benefits that keep an individual mentally and physically well.
- Chances of getting obesity and type-2 diabetes are lesser. Conventional production has chemicals and hormones, which can be passed on to the product and consumed by people, leading to higher chances of getting obesity and type-2 diabetes. Overall, it does not happen in organically produced food.
- Getting foodborne illness is lesser. The Quality of organically produced foods has top-notch post-harvest practices and dramatically lessens the chances of contracting foodborne illnesses.
- Higher Quality of meat, dairy, and produce. Compared to the conventional production of meat from animals raised with antibiotics and drugs being pumped into them, it tends to affect the Quality of the meat, so going organic is the best way to avoid it.
- Less risk of antibiotic resistance. Antibiotic resistance can increase the chances of getting the disease pathogens are strengthened and are not affected by antibiotics anymore. It is something that organically produced food bypasses.
- Lesser chances of getting allergies. The mass production of conventionally produced farm products that are not natural uses chemicals that may trigger allergies. In an organic setup, this is non-existent.
- No GMO’s. GMOs are not entirely safe. The regulation is still not precise. But organic food is an excellent way to know that consumption is not genetically modified.
- The chances of getting cardiovascular diseases are lesser. The content of higher fats and calories leads to cardiovascular diseases, which is not the case in organic food.
Eating all these organic foods may not be an assurance to get all the benefits of maintaining the hormones lost over time. Definitely, it can help strengthen the immune system, and the risk of it being declined significantly is reduced since organic foods are not altered at all. Another critical point about organic foods is the Quality of higher vitamin and mineral contents that help to strengthen the human immune system.
What does bio-identical hormone replacement therapy do?
On the positive side, when hormones drop or become unbalanced, often, people turn to bio-identical hormone replacement therapy. Bio Hormone Replacement Therapy (BHRT) has gotten a lot of attention in recent years as it promises a solution to hormone issues. Other than that, it is also used to improve cancer treatment symptoms or treat conditions such as adrenal and thyroid disorders, fibromyalgia, insulin resistance, and osteoporosis. Correspondingly, BHRT serves as the chemical messengers that travel through the bloodstream and control most of the body’s essential bodily functions. The same chemical structure of the body’s hormones is crucial to maintaining overall health and well-being. Every decade, the human body loses 10% of the normal hormone function. Both women experience low hormone levels, including weight gain, headaches, brain fog, acne, mood swings, fatigue, loss of libido, anxiety, and depression.
What Are The Benefits Of Bio Hormone Replacement Therapy?
While Bioidentical Hormone Replacement offers not only to reclaim the lost hormones, it also helps regain the Quality of life and the old youthful feeling that has been declined due to aging. The bioidentical hormones are a natural plant-based replica of the hormones that our bodies produced when we were younger.
BHRT can also help with the following symptoms:
- Weight gain
- Mood swings
- Hot flashes
- Vaginal dryness
- Night sweats
- Low energy levels
- Memory loss
- Difficulty sleeping
- Decreased interest in sex
- Pain during sex
- Sleep issues
Additionally, there are reports that BHRT can reduce the risk of cataracts, diabetes, and tooth loss. Also, another piece of evidence says it can help improve skin thickness, hydration, and elasticity and even reduce wrinkles.
What Are The Side Effects of BHRT?
Although the FDA has approved some bioidentical estradiol and progesterone preparations, it hasn’t approved any compounded bioidentical hormones yet as large-scale, reputable studies have not confirmed more claims. Still, the FDA urges caution when using compounded products. Also, BHRT comes in various forms, including pills, topical creams, patches, gels, or injections. Most importantly, it is crucial to talk to a doctor about the best therapy that best suits the patient’s lifestyle since it needs to be monitored regularly once the BHRT begins to evaluate the body’s response. However, women should avoid hormone replacement for a long time due to some side effects and risks associated with BHRT. These only tell that the hormone levels at the moment in time can vary widely throughout the day and should use the lowest dose that proves effective for the shortest amount of time possible.
Who Should You Go for BHRT?
Due to aging or life changes, such as menopause for women, some are taking certain hormones replacement the body no longer makes can help improve the health and overall well-being. Thus, it is best to talk to a team of experts such as Forma Medical to start the consultation of your bio-identical hormone replacement therapy to determine the best testing route to evaluate each hormone level. The individual results are provided to the medical provider, and you will be scheduled for an immediate follow-up to review and initiate appropriate care. Repeat testing is provided 90 days after initial therapy begins to evaluate the efficacy of BHRT for optimal patient outcomes.
Forma Medical’s unique consultative and educational process is designed around the patients’ well-being, safety, and best possible outcomes with their most current, state-of-the-art services in aesthetic medicine.